Please do contact us if you would like to discuss your situation with regard to membership or to discuss what support we might offer.
Full Membership costs £45 per year
As a demonstration of the highest level of commitment to the Objectives of our association, to become Full Member, an organisation must be run on a not-for-profit basis for the benefit of the communities in which it operates.
It should be: an Afterschool club, a Holiday scheme, a Breakfast club, a Nursery or a Pre-School.
It must also have a Voluntary Management Committee, which is committed to and can demonstrate the active involvement of its parents.
Our staff stand ready to help guide prospective members to the type of membership that best fits their circumstances. Some groups would like to become Full Members in the future but are not yet ready, we classify these as ‘working towards full membership’ status.
For up to eighteen months groups can remain in this status, while they work towards the criteria needed for full member status.
During this process they will be supported by a dedicated Development and Support Worker.
In the next section of this page is a complete list of qualification criteria for Full Membership. Please contact us if you would like any of these points clarified.
Policies & Ethos:
The organisation must have:
• A written Constitution.
• A written Health and Safety Policy.
• A written Equal Opportunities Policy.
• A written Child Protection Policy.
• A written Volunteers Policy.
• Adequate insurance cover.
• OFSTED registration, in accordance with the Children Act.
• At least two paid staff on duty at all times and a child to adult ratio of 8:1 on the premises and 5:1 on trips away from the base;
• Publicity materials for parents, for example giving opening times, contact details etc.
• Wrap-around care run on a daycare basis which functions throughout the year.
• A child-centred approach, which demonstrates the active participation of children.
• Vacancies must be publicly advertised.
• Interviews must be held.
• Job descriptions must be provided.
• Contracts must be provided.
• Induction must be offered.
• Training must be offered.
• Support and supervision given to staff.
Dedicated Development & Support Support Worker | Over the phone support | Free and low cost training courses | Monitoring Visits | Seminars & Briefing Events | Good Practice Guidelines | D.B.S Checks for all staff | Loan equipment & books | Discounted Insurance | Mediation & crisis support | Newsletters (6 editions a year) | Networking opportunities | Policy Guidance Packs | Funding Advice |Office Spaces for meetings | Voting rights in Annual General Meeting