Cairns Road, Westbury Park, Bristol
Noah’s Ark Pre-school is looking to recruit a 1: 1 SEN support worker to join our team. This position would be for 20 hours per week over 5 days and is a fixed term contract until 25th July 2022.
Noah’s Ark is a Christian Pre-school and takes children from two-five years old. It works closely with Cairns Road Baptist Church with a vision of providing a high-quality Early Years provision whilst serving the local community with God’s love through practical care and support. As a setting we seek to support children and their families and recognise that children are individual and have a wide range of abilities and additional needs. We are open term time only and offer both morning and afternoon sessions as well as extended hours with our breakfast and twilight clubs.
We are looking for someone to provide 1: 1 support to a child providing them with a positive and encouraging learning environment that supports their individual learning needs. This role will require being able to work with individuals and small groups of children in a range of daily learning activities.
In addition, there will be times when this role will be required to be part of the enhanced ratio enabling other staff to be released to work with individual children. Excellent communication skills and a team player who can be part of our professional staff team working to develop and implement strategies for all our children to reach their learning potential.
We are looking for a caring and patient individual who is focused and innovative and supportive of the Christian ethos of the Pre-school. A ‘can do attitude’ to support our learning community is a must. The successful applicant will be familiar with EYFS, enthusiastic and flexible. They must be committed to working as part of a cohesive, supportive and forward-thinking team.
• To provide 1:1 support for individual children providing them with a positive and encouraging learning environment.
• To bring exciting, challenging and relevant activities and experiences to individual and small groups of children on a regular basis.
• To monitor and record individual children’s progress and use information as part of planning and provision moving forward.
• Work effectively under their own initiative but also as part of the team.
• Understanding of Pre-school policies and procedures and ensuring you adhere to them.
• Develop good relationships and knowledge of all children.
• To work in partnership with parents and to value and utilize parents’ contributions to support children’s well-being, learning and development
• To be responsible for own professional development and be pro-active in attending relevant training opportunities.
• To attend weekly staff meetings, inset days and end of term celebrations and other events connected with the setting where required.
• To represent the setting professionally at all times and maintaining the settings integrity.
ESSENTIAL (Must Have)
• An understanding of EYFS curriculum and understanding of child development.
• Experience of working in a team.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Knowledge of safeguarding/child protection procedures.
• Experience of working with in partnership with parents/carers.
• Previous experience of working with young children
DESIRABLE (Should Have)
• Qualified to Early Years level 2.
• Experience of working within an Early Years setting.
• SEN experience helpful but not essential
• Knowledge of Makaton
20 hours per week over 5 days
Fixed term contract till 25th July 2022.
To apply please contact Sophie Turner at email@example.com to request an application form.
If you would like an informal chat about the role please contact Jane Smith or Sophie Cleak on 0117 9446229.
Closing date for applications: Friday 10th June 2022
Interview date provisionally 20th June 2022