Archfield House Nursery: Early Years Practitioner
Archfield House Nursery is located in BS6 (Cotham) which is very close to Redland train station and many bus routes, we also have a limited number of parking permits available.
We are looking for passionate Early Years Practitioners to join our team. We have 4 groups; Ducklings (babies), Beehive (Toddlers), Squirrels (2-3’s) and Wise Owls (Pre-School) and a sister nursery; Woodland House Nursery which is based in Clifton.
Archfield has been a nursery since 1986 and is situated in a beautiful building that has expanded over the past 15 years. We pride ourselves in being a very forward thinking, reflective team who want the very best for children, families and our staff team.
Some key things to know about our setting:
- We have a planning in the moment approach
- Natural learning experiences are of high importance to us
- Our Pre-School children go to Beach and Forest School sessions a few times a week
- We have ‘Wandering Wonderers’ sessions which are relaxed outings with all age groups in our local vicinity
- Outdoor environments are hugely important to us and luckily have exciting, large outdoor areas for play
- We have a high emphasis on Continual Professional Development, we regularly host NDNA training in our Training Room and have 2 In-Service Days a year
- We are one big family with regular staff socials!
We are looking for practitioners who share our vision and values;
- relationship led practice, high quality interactions, empowering environments & flexible open routines, partnerships with Parents and the wider community and responsive planning, observations and assessment cycle.
- Want to share their interests, skills and hobbies with the children, families and team to create a diverse society within our setting.
- Want to learn and develop as a professional alongside the children and team.
- Are passionate about providing a fantastic, loving, caring and joyful environment for our youngest children.
- Are hard working, honest and friendly.
The more diversity we have in our team, the more unique perspectives and bright ideas we share.
Everyone deserves the best opportunities, care and learning experiences, regardless of their race, gender identity, religion, physical abilities, age or sexual orientation. We embrace employees and candidates from these underrepresented groups to help make this vision a reality.
Qualifications & Experience:
Ideally you will have a relevant Early Years qualification (Level 2 or above) however we do welcome applications from unqualified practitioners who have other skills and attributes to bring to the role. Similarly ideally you will have experience in an Early Years setting however we accept applications from practitioners who are looking to do their Early Years qualification whilst working (apprenticeships).
Contract & Benefits:
Permanent contract, Full time – at least 4 days a week.
Some of the benefits for working with us are:
- Working alongside incredibly friendly and likeminded colleagues Up to 33 days annual leave
- Birthday day off
- Great rates of pay
- Profit scheme bonus after 2 years service
- Lots of Continual Professional Development opportunities (including 2 In-Service Days a year)
- NHS Top Up and Employee Assistant Programme
- A family run, professional working environment with just 2 settings
- Parking permits available
- Ofsted rated Outstanding setting