Are you passionate about combining your love of Early Years Education, the Great Outdoors and Nature?Would you like to be part of a family run ‘Ofsted Outstanding‘ nursery who place the child at the centre?
This could be the unique job that you have been waiting for as an Ambassador for Outdoor Learning! Our Forest School leader is leaving us after 10 years and we are actively seeking a nursery practitioner with previous experience in this type of role working with children aged 2-5yrs. We have an established site at Ashton Court and also utilise Severn Beach via train to conduct Beach School sessions. We aspire to create environments for children where learning involves playing and laughing whilst exploring the natural world; having the freedom to be physically active whilst creating a deep connection to nature and the Great Outdoors!
Points of Note:
- The hours are flexible for the right person with a minimum of 3 days per week.
- One or more years’ experience of working within a Forest and/or Beach School environment.
- It is desirable to have the Forest School and/or Level 3 certification.
- Some training opportunities for the right candidate are available.
- The successful person will work across both Archfield House Nursery and Woodland House Nursery to facilitate weekly Forest and Beach sessions.
- Being passionate to be outdoors throughout all seasons
- To provide the highest standards of quality outdoor learning experiences.
- To ensure that health and safety measures are consistently maintained.
- To work alongside the Management team as well as all staff to ensure that the vision, philosophy and objectives behind effective Outdoor learning.
- To be an ambassador for Outdoor Learning within the nursery as well as the wider Early Years community.
- Conduct reflections with children and staff on their learning and experience to use for future planning.
- Resource the outdoor environments according to children’s interests.
- Develop and identify training opportunities for nursery staff.
Attractive salary and benefits package
- Family run nursery established 33 years
- No working between Xmas and New Year!
- Parking permits where eligible
- Childcare discount
- Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and financial support
- NHS Top-up Health plan
- Birthday gift of a day off from work!
- Extensive Continual Professional Development
- Regular subsidised social events
- Generous annual bonus after two years full service
- Long service annual award beyond five full years service
For further information and to arrange a time to visit our nursery in action, please contact 0117 9422120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org