Begbrook Primary Academy:After School Club Playworker
Part Time (10 hours a week)
Working Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (15:30 – 18:00)
Start date: ASAP
Salary: (CLF Grade 4) £14,470 rising incrementally to £16,131 pa pro rata (Actual £3,249pa)
Closing date: Monday 4th December 2017
Interviews to be held: Friday 8th December 2017
How to apply:
Via the online portal
Begbrook Primary Academy is a popular and high achieving Academy based in Stapleton, Bristol. Begbrook Primary Academy provides education to 600 students from Nursery to Year 6. The children at Begbrook Primary Academy are excited to learn and are real ambassadors for our diverse community. They benefit from a hugely positive and supporting learning environment.
Begbrook Primary Academy is part of the Cabot Learning Federation (CLF). The CLF is the largest non-diocesan academy group in the South West. The CLF currently sponsors 16 academies, eight of which are secondary, six are primary one studio school catering for students aged 14 to 19 as well as Post 16 provision.
Assist with day to day activities of the club Provide quality playcare within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures.
In this role you will assist with day to day activities of the club. Provide quality playcare within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures.
Your duties will specifically include:-
- Assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
- Providing comprehensive care for the children including collecting them from school and delivering them safely to parents or carers.
- Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
- Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met.
- Administering first aid when necessary.
- Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities.
- Helping with club administration, where necessary.
- Encouraging parental involvement in the club.
- Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents, and schools.
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training.
- Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure.
- Working within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures.
· Experience of working with 4 to 11 year olds
· Understanding the varied needs of children and
· Understanding the issues involved in the delivery of quality
play & care
· Understanding the issues of equal opportunities
· Provide and facilitate safe and creative play
· Good communication skills
· Able to work as part of a team
· Sound judgement and common sense
· Sufficient understanding and use of English to ensure the
well-being of the children
· Experience of working within a play-based setting
· Experience of administration
· Competent in using IT to support play and
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Relevant qualification or willingness to work towards this
· Appropriate child protection training
· Current Paediatric First Aid Certificate
· Food Hygiene Certificate
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK and a child disqualification check. The checks will also include an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.