The Bluebell Nursery: Early Years Practitioner
Job Purpose: To enable children to engage in a range of play and learning opportunities and to participate in the day to day running of the scheme.
Responsible to: The Manager
Job Details: £7.50 – 8 per hour.
Hours: 9.00 – 5.30 Mon – Fri, 16 hrs per week Job share available.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• To provide and maintain a high quality service to children and their families working as part of a staff team to meet children’s individual needs.
Children and Families:
• To develop and maintain positive relationships with children and families.
• To assist with the planning and delivery of a wide range of activities to meet children’s needs.
• To work within the EYFS and promote high standards of care for the children.
• To assume responsibility for key children and ensure their developmental needs are met, accurately recorded and learning diaries are up to date.
• To maintain a child-centred environment by reviewing displays, resources and room lay out with the team.
• To use observation and reflective practice to contribute to planning and evaluation in the setting.
• To maintain children’s safety and wellbeing at all times during attendance at the setting and on trips.
• To take any action required to ensure the safety and welfare of children and to report any concern immediately to the Manager.
• To ensure good communication between staff and parent’s/carers.
• To work as a positive role model and member of the staff team.
• To attend staff meetings, supervision and appraisals and relevant identified training.
• To work within policies and procedures at all times and support staff to adhere to them.
• To keep records as required.
• To contribute to any quality assurance programmes.
• To maintain positive working relationships with relevant external professionals.
• To support and develop an environment which is inclusive for all and recognises and encourages diversity.
• To represent the setting professionally at all times, maintaining the settings integrity and being open to both giving and receiving feedback.
• To undertake any other duties as reasonably directed.
Job Application & guidance:
To apply please download the : APPLICATION FORM AND GUIDANCE