Bluebell Nursery: Early Years Practitioner
Job Description – Early Years Practitioner
Job Purpose: To enable children to engage in a range of play and learning opportunities and to participate in the day to day running of the scheme.
Responsible to: The Manager
Job Details: £7,83 – 8,50 per hour.
Hours: 9.00 – 5.30 Mon – Fri, 2 x 16 hrs per week or 30hrs per week. Job share available.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide and maintain a high quality service to children and their families working as part of a staff team to meet children’s individual needs.
Children and Families:
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with children and families.
- To assist with the planning and delivery of a wide range of activities to meet children’s needs.
- To work within the EYFS and promote high standards of care for the children.
- To assume responsibility for key children and ensure their developmental needs are met, accurately recorded and learning diaries are up to date.
- To maintain a child-centred environment by reviewing displays, resources and room lay out with the team.
- To use observation and reflective practice to contribute to planning and evaluation in the setting.
- To maintain children’s safety and wellbeing at all times during attendance at the setting and on trips.
- To take any action required to ensure the safety and welfare of children and to report any concern immediately to the Manager.
- To ensure good communication between staff and parent’s/carers.
- To work as a positive role model and member of the staff team.
- To attend staff meetings, supervision and appraisals and relevant identified training.
- To work within policies and procedures at all times and support staff to adhere to them.
- To keep records as required.
- To contribute to any quality assurance programmes.
- To maintain positive working relationships with relevant external professionals.
- To support and develop an environment which is inclusive for all and recognises and encourages diversity.
- To represent the setting professionally at all times, maintaining the settings integrity and being open to both giving and receiving feedback.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably directed by the Manager or management committee.
Person Specification – Early Years Practitioner
| ||Essential ||Desirable|
|A recognised level 2/3 childcare qualification.||A Paediatric First Aid certificate.|
|Flexibility to undertake essential training|
|Experience||Experience of working with children aged under 5.||Experience of supporting children with additional needs.|
|Experience of providing play and learning opportunities for children.||Experience of liaising with parent’s / carers and involving in their child’s care.|
|Ability to implement policies and procedures.||Knowledge of Ofsted requirements and the EYFS.|
|Sufficient understanding and use of English|
|Ability to work as a team member but also manage and organise own workload|
|Ability to plan, provide and evaluate a wide range of play and learning opportunities which meet children’s individual needs||Art / craft / games / sport skills|
|Ability to complete basic administrative tasks||ICT skills|
|Ability to be a reflective practitioner in order to develop your and others practice|
|Ability to communicate effectively with all children, staff and families||Ability to stay calm under pressure|
|Ability to support and develop an environment which is inclusive for all and encourages diversity.|