Bristol Children’s Playhouse: Part Time Office Manager
(20 hours per week: term- time only plus 2 weeks)
Bristol Children’s Playhouse is charity, nursery and pre-school in Eastville, Bristol. Our ethos is to offer a supportive and personal approach, providing a community of care and education for children and their families.
We are seeking a part-time Office Manager to be responsible for the overall smooth running of the setting and develop Bristol Children’s Playhouse in line with the vision, mission and values. To develop and maintain a safe and stimulating environment and ensure a high quality setting. We have a flat management structure and this role is part of a team of 3 managers, reporting to a board of volunteer trustees.
Key duties include:
- Line managing a part-time Administrator
- Managing human resources for a staff team of 15
- Overseeing staff training
- Having overall responsibility for the building, including security at all times
- Managing cleaners, overseeing all maintenance and health and safety issues
- Being responsible for all purchasing, overseeing the budget, accounts and payroll in collaboration with the Treasurer, Finance Assistant and external providers.
- Being responsible for setting up and maintaining admin systems
- Keeping up to date with charity and company regulations
- Supporting the trustees with information, reports, advice and guidance
- Assisting with and contributing to the business plan
- Working with the trustees/management team to develop and implement policies and update them when necessary
- Attending management meetings when required and working closely with the management team and trustees to develop the work of the playhouse and continuously strive for excellence.
- Working with the trustees/management team to develop and implement a marketing strategy
The ideal candidate will have proven leadership skills, experience of supervising staff, excellent ICT skills and experience. They will be used to developing and using administrative and financial systems and managing and organising their own workload. We are looking for someone with the ability to work as a team member and lead and motivate others.
Whilst not essential, experience of working within the voluntary sector and with voluntary Management Committees would be highly desirable as would knowledge of Ofsted requirements and experience of the Early Years sector.
Salary: £11.56 /hour
Required experience: Office Management: 1 year
Please contact 0117 9510037/Emma Bown email@example.com for further information