Nursery and Pre School, BS5
Description of Job role:
We are looking for an experienced part time room leader for an immediate start to join and lead our 2 year old room on a part time basis in our fabulous setting on the Greenbank/Easton border.
You will work in conjunction with the management team to provide day to day support and ensure the smooth running of the room on Monday’s, Tuesday’s and Wednesdays as well as being part of the mandated ratios.
Our setting has a diverse mix of cultures and faiths and we welcome applications for all backgrounds.
This role would suit a working parent, with working hours of 8:45am – 3:15pm and on a term time only basis.
This role requires supervisory responsibility and support of the staff 2 year old room and you may also be responsible for 121 support staff, students on work experience or agency staff
You will be required to:
• To provide and maintain a high quality service to children and their families working as part of a staff team to meet children’s individual needs.
Children and Families:
• To ensure high quality early education and care enabling all children to reach their full potential.
• To promote a warm, caring, supportive and playful environment where all children feel emotionally secure and able to explore and flourish.
• To implement the requirements of the EYFS and promote high standards of care for the children.
• To support the team in medium term and daily curriculum planning and delivery of a wide range of activities to meet children’s needs and to monitor and review its effectiveness.
• To use observation and reflective practice to contribute to planning and evaluation in the setting.
• To assume responsibility for key children and ensure their developmental needs are met, accurately recorded and learning diaries are up to date.
• To maintain a child-centred environment by reviewing displays, resources and room lay out with the team.
• To ensure the welfare of the children remains paramount and children are protected from risk of harm at all times and report any concerns directly to the Manager.
• To develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and carers and work in partnership with them.
• To encourage and support parental/carer involvement in the running of the nursery e.g. through questionnaires, parent volunteers etc.
• To lead, support and develop an environment which is inclusive for all and recognises and encourages diversity.
• To work as a positive role model and member of the staff team.
• To provide professional support and guidance to all staff in the managers absence.
• To encourage good team working.
• To support staff with offering appropriate stimulation and support to the children.
• To attend management meetings when required.
• To attend staff meetings, supervisions and appraisals and relevant identified training.
• To lead staff on areas agreed by the Manager e.g. EYFS delivery, planning.
• To support on the development of policies and procedures, work within them at all times and to support staff to adhere to them.
• In conjunction with the Manager, liaise with all necessary external agencies including First Response, Social Services and the LEA Early Years Childcare service.
• To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
• To promote an emotionally secure, consistent, warm, supportive and caring environment appropriate to the needs of individual children and their families.
• To keep abreast of new childcare developments and legislation and action relevant ideas within the setting.
• To proactively ensure that the room is a safe environment for children, that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high and that safety procedures are implemented at all times.
• To maintain positive working relationships with relevant external professionals.
• To promote the ethos and mission of the playhouse.
• To represent the setting professional at all times, maintaining the setting integrity and being open to giving and receiving feedback.
• To keep records and provide other administrative support as required.
• To undertake any other duties as reasonably directed by the management committee.
Training & Qualifications:
Knowledge & Abilities:
Contract & wages:
You can download an application from our website Volunteers and Vacancies – Bristol Children’s Playhouse (bcph.org.uk)
Completed application forms should be emailed to our Business Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline & Interviews:
Interviews will be conducted upon receipt of suitable applications, as there is no formal closing date for this role but we are looking to recruit this position asap.
All interviews will be conducted in line with the current Government restrictions for your safety.