Happy Hands Childminding: Childcare Practitioner
Happy Hands childminding is a creative, thriving childminding setting located in the Ashley down area since 2004. We are seeking to appoint a childcare practitioner; the successful candidate will be part of a skilled, enthusiastic and committed childminding setting.
As a childcare practitioner you will;
- Contribute to the development of children’s education by assisting in the planning and organisation of children’s learning through play and appropriate learning experiences
- Help to maintain adequate standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Organise and supervise a range of play activities
- Provide regular communication with parents about their child’s learning and development and work effectively and sensitively with parents sharing progress and key moments
- Help to ensure an inclusive environment, meeting the developmental needs of all children
- Help compile records of children’s learning that demonstrate clearly the progress that children are making
- Ensure the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare.
- Get involved with outdoor activities for example our allotment where children and parents are enthusiastic about growing planting and harvesting crops.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, and an enhanced DBS check, also satisfactory references.
Happy hands childminding is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
We would especially be keen to hear from candidates who have a keen interest in inspiring children’s creativity and outdoors learning.
The post holder must promote safe working practices to maintain a safe working environment and have a clear understanding and knowledge in relation to safeguarding children.
- Level 2 or 3 Qualified
- Experience of working in a learning/childcare setting.
- Knowledge of the EYFS curriculum, the developmental needs of children under the age of 5 and the importance of play.
- An understanding of child protection procedures and issues of confidentiality and information sharing when working with families.
- Experience of successfully working in partnership with parents/carers.
Hours, Contract & Salary:
- The post is Part time four days a week, Monday to Thursday. 32hrs a week fixed.
- The contract is ongoing, all year round.
- Holiday entitlement 22.4 days, including Bank Holidays.
- Rate of pay £9.00 an hour.
- Paid holiday over the Christmas period.
Application & Interview:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please speak to Valerie at Happy hands childminding on 01179516221
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.
Happy Hands childminding is committed to the safeguarding of all children. For this position the post holder will need to complete an enhanced DBS check.
The post is to start in March, flexible interview dates available.