Knowle Park After School Care is looking for an energetic and caring Play Worker to join our team, enabling our children to engage in a range of play opportunities.
You will be able to:
• Develop positive relationships with our children and parents.
• Assist in ensuring that the play environment, including equipment and resources, is prepared and ready for the arrival of children.
• Keep children safe and encourage an inclusive play environment.
The Play Worker reports to the Play Leader.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Flexibility to undertake essential training.
• Experience of working with 4-11 year olds.
• Ability to implement policies and procedures.
• Ability to work as a team member but also manage and organise own workload.
• Ability to plan, provide and evaluate a wide range of play opportunities that meet individual children’s needs.
• Ability to be a reflective practitioner in order to develop your own and your practice.
• Ability to complete basic administrative tasks.
• Ability to support and develop a play environment which is inclusive for all and encourages diversity.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all children, staff and families.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• A paediatric first aid certificate.
• A recognised Level 2 Play Work or childcare qualification.
• Experience of providing play opportunities for children in a play setting.
• Art, craft, games, sport skills.
• ICT skills.
• Understanding of the play process and how to support children in their play.
• Knowledge of the Play Work principles.
Hours, Contract & Salary:
7.30-9.00am and 3.00-6.00pm Monday – Friday, term time only.
Salary between £8.85 – £9.40 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title as the email subject. You will be sent an application form to complete.
Application in by 10th February. Interviews shortly after the closing date.