Description of Job role:
Reporting to: The Play Leader/ Trustees of KPASC
Responsible for: Caring for the children using KPASC
Main Relationships: Liaison other staff, parents and children using KPASC
Main Purpose of the Job:
• To enable children to engage in a range of play opportunities
What will you be doing?:
• To develop and maintain positive relationships with children, families and other team members.
• To maintain children’s safety and wellbeing at all times during attendance at the play setting and on trips.
• To take any action required to ensure the safety and welfare of children and to report any concern immediately to the Play Leader.
• To assist the Play Leader with ensuring that the play environment, including equipment and resources, is prepared and ready for the arrival of children.
• To support individual children and assess their development through play.
• To use observation and reflective practice to contribute to planning and evaluation in the setting.
• To support and develop a play environment which is inclusive for all and recognises and encourages diversity.
• To keep records as required, e.g. accident/ incident forms, learning diaries and observations.
• To work within agreed policies and procedures at all times.
• To attend relevant meetings and identified training.
To undertake any other duties as reasonably directed by the Play Leader, Deputy or trustees.
|Experience and Qualifications||Essential / Desirable|
|Flexibility to undertake essential training.||E|
|A paediatric first aid certificate||D|
|A recognised Level 2 Play Work or childcare qualification.||D|
|Experience of working with 4-11 year olds.||E|
|Experience of providing play opportunities for children in a play setting.||D|
|Ability to work as a team member but also manage and organise own workload||E|
Abiltiesbility to communicate effectively with all children, staff and families.E
Ability to communicate effectively with all children, staff and familiesE
|Skills, Knowledge and Abilities||Essential / Desirable|
|Ability to plan, provide and evaluate a wide range of play opportunities that meet individual children’s needs.||E|
|Ability to be a reflective practitioner in order to develop your own and your practice.||E|
|Ability to complete basic administrative tasks.||E|
|Ability to support and develop a play environment which is inclusive for all and encourages diversity.||E|
|Art, craft, games, sport skills.||D|
|Understanding of the play process and how to support children in their play.||D|
|Knowledge of the Play Work principles.||D|
|Ability to work as a team member.||E|
Monday – Friday: 7am – 9am & 3pm – 6pm. Mainly term-time only. Part or full-time considered.
£9.40 per hour
Please contact email@example.com for an application form.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the email subject. You will be sent an application form to complete.
Closing date: 23rd August 2020.