Lake House Day Nursery, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol: Nursery Manager
Role: Nursery Manager
Location: Lake House Day Nursery Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol
Salary: £33k+(FTE) dependent on experience
Hours: Negotiable between 8.00 and 5.45, Monday to Friday
Holiday: 33(FTE) days per annum, including Bank & Public Holidays
We are looking for a dynamic Nursery Manager for our private setting who will lead by example in continually inspiring and motivating our team to maintain the ‘Outstanding’
Ofsted rating awarded in 2016. You will be managing a Nursery that looks after children from young babies up to 5 years of age.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate their proven ability in:
- Managing a successful Nursery on a daily basis;
- Demonstrating how an ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating can be maintained – including preparing for any future Ofsted inspections;
- Their management skills, including effective staff recruitment, leading and motivating staff, conducting regular staff assessments, assessing staff development and training, maintaining staff ratios and ensuring staff are deployed effectively;
- Planning and implementation of EYFS, including how they manage the supervision of the preparation and planned activities which develop all aspects of a child’s individual development;
- Office administration and finance, including ensuring all statutory and legal legislation is implemented and reflected within the Nursery’s policies, implementing and ensuring all policies and procedures are followed and adhered to, that the Nursery operates to its full capability;
- Self-development, including keeping up to date with all childcare legislation;
- Working closely and in partnership with the parents.
Underpinning all these activities will be the paramount requirement to ensure the Safeguarding of the children.
- At least 3 years’ experience of managing a day Nursery that has a minimum of ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted report;
- A minimum Level 3 in Childcare / NNEB or preferably Degree in Early Years/ or equivalent;
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated by experience of leading and supporting large teams (20+);
- Energetic and enthusiastic about childcare;
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and EYFS;
- Proven track record of involvement in supporting in Ofsted Inspections;
- Excellent record of CPD;
- A full understanding of safeguarding procedures including acting as a Designated Safeguarding Lead;
- Safeguarding Training;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- PC literate – primarily TalkTalk email and Office Word and Excel;
- Level 2 or above Food Hygiene Certificate;
- Level 3 or above Paediatric First Aid.
Lake House Day Nursery is committed to promoting Equality and Diversity, safeguarding and supporting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
General information and benefits
- A well-established outstanding provider;
- At least two satisfactory previous employment references will be sought, covering, as a minimum, the past 5 years of work history;
- An enhanced DBS check will be undertaken;
- The successful candidate must hold as a minimum Level 3 childcare qualification in early years, for example: QTS, EYPS, CACHE, NNEB, and NVQ, Degree and / or equivalent. A management or leadership qualification is highly desirable;
- The Nursery is located near local shops and restaurants. There are good transport links via bus and on street parking.
If you feel you are the right candidate, please send your up-to-date CV to Sue Keefe, HR Manager – (firstname.lastname@example.org) Please include your current contact number and email address and indicate when you would be available for an interview if selected. A full Job Description is available upon request.