Nextlink: Children’s Group and Holiday Activity Volunteers
Nextlink refuge, Bristol
Children’s Group Volunteers
- Identifying enjoyable activities that will motivate and inspire the children.
- Facilitate a group of children to make, bake and play with the supervision of a support worker.
- Take the lead from the children and their parents as to the activities that will be planned.
- Play and communicate with the children in a safe and fun environment.
- You will not be asked to supervise the children alone.
Holiday Activity volunteers
- Supporting child’s mother to supervise children and ensure they are participating in activities safely.
- Playing with children to ensure they are having an enjoyable experience.
- Supporting the Trip Leader to ensure there are no distractions whilst travelling in order to keep everyone safe.
- Maintaining strict professional boundaries whilst adhering to safeguarding and confidentiality policies.
- You will not be asked to supervise children alone.
Personal qualities sought:
- Some experience of working with children and an enjoyment of their company.
- An interest in working with children and a keen passion to assist with their wellbeing
- Ability to maintain strict professional boundaries and adhere to confidentiality and safeguarding policies.
- Gentle and patient as well as having lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to supervise children and an understanding of when to raise concerns.
- An understanding for the difficulties and challenges faced by families who use our experience.
- A non-judgemental attitude.
- Willingness to take part in relevant training and engage in supervision.
- You may be working towards a relevant qualification in childcare or social work. This is not mandatory but will be advantageous.
Contact Gina on firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form
Group Volunteer Role Description (MS WORD)
Group Volunteer Role Description (PDF)
Holiday Activity Vol Role Description (MS WORD)
Holiday Activity Vol Role Description (PDF)
Volunteer Application Form (MS WORD)
Volunteer Application Form (PDF)