A wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic part-time administrator to join our Lantern preschool team, based within Redland Parish Church.
This role involves providing administrative support to our Early Years practitioners, working within the Lantern setting two mornings a week. Initially this role is for 6 hours per week for 6 months, but there may be opportunities to extend both.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Under direction of the Lantern Manager the administrator will be:
• Responsible for all admissions of children to the preschool for each academic year. Including responding to enquiries by email/web/telephone throughout the year.
• Claiming the Early Years Grant from the council by completing and sending in Headcount forms each term.
• Dealing with childcare vouchers and keeping an account of any fees paid this way. Liaising with the Church accountant to advise her of voucher payments and standing orders.
• Updating the Lantern Website.
• Sending newsletters to parents.
• Photocopying resources as required.
• Liaising with The Chairperson and the committee as required.
Other duties may be required. The list of the main duties and responsibilities of your post above is not exhaustive and is intended to reflect your main tasks and areas of work. Changes may occur over time and you will be expected to agree any reasonable changes to your job description in line with the general nature of your post. You will be consulted about any changes to your job description before these are implemented.
Lantern preschool is committed to recognising, valuing and respecting the diversity of its employees, service users, volunteers and job applicants. We recognise that everyone has a contribution to make and we aim to ensure that all individuals with whom we have contact will be treated in a fair and consistent manner.
We recognise that certain people face discrimination based on factors such as their race, ethnic or national origins, religious and political beliefs, gender, disability, sexuality, age, marital status and linguistic ability. With this in mind, we will work within the current legislative framework and within the sphere of best practice in order to promote equality and value diversity, and work to address unfair treatment, discrimination and prejudice where found within the workplace.
It is expected that the principles of diversity and equality will underpin all of our work, and the work of our employees.
The preschool manager, as Line Manager, in the first instance, and subsequently to the Chairperson of Lantern Preschool.
1. Working alongside the preschool staff team, based in the Lantern office.
2. Working with and supported by the Church Administrator and Church Bookkeeper.
3. Build relationships with both parents and volunteers.
We are looking for someone diligent and hardworking who is sympathetic and respectful to the Christian foundation on which Lantern is founded.
• Good person-to-person communication skills: listening skills, clarity, patience and politeness.
• Well-presented and personable.
• Hard working and enthusiastic.
• Have a flexible attitude to work.
• Ability to cope with changing and challenging priorities.
• Approachable and empathetic.
• Positive with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• A team player.
• Respect for confidentiality.
Qualifications and experience required:
• Past administrative experience.
• A clear understanding and commitment to safeguarding children.
• An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful candidate.
• An understanding of Early Years Education
• Excellent word processing and IT skills: familiarity with Word, Excel (at a basic level), and ability to handle relational databases.
• Good use of written English.
• Good organisational ability, including ability to multi-task in a busy preschool environment.
• Attention to detail in all documentation.
Hours & Salary:
In agreement with the Manager there will be some flexibility in working the 6 hours per week, term time only. Initially a fixed term contract for 6 months and to commence as soon as possible.
Initially fixed term contract for 6 months.
Salary: £9.50 per hour.
For more information or an application form please contact Lantern Preschool firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for Applications: 16th March 2021
Interview Date: 23rd March 2021