Bonaventure’s Early Years Pre-school: Pre-school manager
Bristol Term time preschool, Bishopston
St. Bonaventure’s Early Years Pre-school has a rare opportunity for an experienced pre-school manager to take over the running of our fantastic term time childcare provision.
Job purpose: To be responsible for the day to day and overall management of the setting. To develop and maintain a safe, stimulating and high quality environment to develop and evolve the excellent reputation of the pre-school.
Responsible to: The Management Committee.
Responsible for: Deputy Manager, Office Manager and Early Years team.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- To have overall responsibility for the day to day running of the setting.
- To maintain and develop a high quality child-centred setting that is in line with the EYFS, Ofsted and all other legal requirements.
Children & families:
- To ensure high quality early education and care enabling all children to reach their full potential.
- To ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of children’s learning and development.
- To ensure that the welfare of the children remains paramount and children are protected from risk of harm.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with parents/carers and work in partnership with them.
- To encourage and support parental/carer involvement in the running of the nursery eg through questionnaires, parent volunteers.
- To ensure all parents/carers are aware of the setting’s policies and procedures.
- To lead, support and develop an environment which is inclusive for all and recognises and encourages diversity.
- To provide professional support and guidance to all staff.
- To lead, develop and maintain good team working, engendering a collaborative, open and honest working environment where staff feel supported and encouraged to develop.
- To manage, support, supervise and provide annual appraisals for staff- team and volunteers.
- To ensure that staff and own training and development needs are identified and met.
- To be responsible for the staff rota and tracking staff leave/sickness/absence.
- To be responsible for staff recruitment in conjunction with the Management Committee.
- To be responsible for induction, support and monitoring of new staff during probationary periods.
- To ensure all staff are aware of the setting’s policies and procedures.
Finance & administration:
- To monitor the financial position of the setting with support from the Management Committee.
- To work within an agreed budget.
- To develop and maintain administrative systems in line with statutory requirements. e.g. attendance registers; petty cash; fee taking; registration; booking forms and signing in/out policies.
- To ensure all invoicing is accurate and up to date and late payments are chased.
- To prepare and distribute publicity materials to advertise the setting
- To develop and implement policies and procedures in conjunction with the Management Committee and ensure these are adhered to.
- To be responsible for maintaining Health and Safety procedures alongside other legal requirements.
- Work to build and maintain strong working relationships with St. Bonaventure’s Primary School and the local community.
- To keep abreast of new childcare developments and legislation and action relevant ideas within the setting.
- To maintain positive working relationships with relevant external professionals and to work in partnership with other agencies.
- To provide feedback to the Management Committee on key issues or concerns.
- To represent the setting professionally at all times, maintaining the setting’s integrity and being open to giving and receiving feedback.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably directed by the Management Committee.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team; lead and motivate others.
- Ability to plan, provide and evaluate a wide range of play and learning opportunities.
- Ability to be a reflective practitioner in order to develop your own and your team’s practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all children, staff and families.
- Ability to support and develop an environment which is inclusive for all and encourages diversity.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and independently.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Essential: Minimum of a recognised and relevant Level 3 childcare qualification
- Desirable:Early Years Degree or EYPS.
- Paediatric First Aid certificate & driving licence.
- SEN Training
Hours per week:
Monday – Friday, term time only. Full time (37.5 hours a week) to be worked between the core opening hours of 8.15am and 5.30pm.
Salary & benefits:£14-£15 per hour
To request an application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The form will need to be returned by 26th March.