St John’s After School Club are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic 1:1 playworker with experience of working with children with Autism and/ or Social Emotional Mental Health/ Attachment needs. Three afternoon’s a week.
The role requires the candidate to have the following:
• Experience of working with pupils who have Special Educational Needs, ideally with Autism and/ or Social Emotional Mental Health needs
• Care, adaptability, foresight and initiative.
• Have humour and resilience when working with 1:1 outside or After School Club
• Good inter-personal skills to communicate with Senior team , staff team and Parents
• To be familiar with strategies to support Autism and/ or Social Emotional and Mental Health needs.
• To provide a positive and encouraging learning environment
• To be able to confidently de-escalate situations and refocus children back toward learning through positive behaviour strategies.
• Leading interventions to support needs
St John’s After School Club is a very happy, successful and popular school, near the top of Whiteladies Road and close to the Downs.
We now operate over two sites but remains very much one school. We already have an outstanding team of highly dedicated, experienced and hardworking staff and the successful applicant will enjoy and develop professionally by working alongside colleagues. Please read our 2020 OFSTED report for more details of our outstanding practice.
We need a person who is adaptable, who can work on their own initiative and who is caring, patient and able to work collaboratively with a very supportive team. Some of the work will be on a one to one basis as well as supporting the pupil in group sessions at ASC.
All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical checks and references.
For more details & applications please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org