St Michael’s is a small and friendly Church of England primary school serving a diverse community from a range of cultural and religious backgrounds.
We are loking for an enthusiastic and reliable Playworker to assist our Playleader in running our After School Club.
The ideal candidate we are looking for:
- Has experience working with groups of children in a play environment
- Works well in a team
- Is reliable, conscientious and efficient
- Is committed to the children’s safety and wellbeing
Any successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working with groups of children (aged 4-11 years) in a play environment
- Familiarity with Safeguarding policies and procedures in a school setting and willingness to undertake training and read required documents.
- A willingness to undertake first aid training and food hygiene training (existing experience and current training certificates desirable)
Abilities & Aptitudes:
- An ability to assist in the, preparation and delivery of childcare activities, taking into account children’s individual needs
- A willingness to gain understanding of Ofsted’s requirements for registered childcare providers, Nov 2018
- Ability to work as a member of the play work and school staff teams
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to and have an understanding of being part of a multi-cultural community
- An ability to communicate well with all involved in the play scheme and to encourage involvement
- An ability to maintain confidentiality
Contract, salary & Hours:
15.5 hours a week, term-time only
(Monday-Friday 15:00-18:00, plus planning time as agreed with Playleader)
BG4 to BG 6 depending on experience (£9.18 to £10.13 per hour).
Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme.