Job Description – Early Years Practitioner
To enable children to engage in a range of play and learning opportunities and to participate in the day to day running of the scheme.
£7,83 – 8,50 per hour. Hours: 9.00 – 5.30
Mon – Fri, 2×16 hrs per week Job share available
Or 30hrs per week
Main duties and responsibilities:
• To provide and maintain a high quality service to children and their families working as part of a staff team to meet children’s individual needs.
Children and Families:
• To develop and maintain positive relationships with children and families.
• To assist with the planning and delivery of a wide range of activities to meet children’s needs.
• To work within the EYFS and promote high standards of care for the children.
• To assume responsibility for key children and ensure their developmental needs are met, accurately recorded and learning diaries are up to date.
• To maintain a child-centred environment by reviewing displays, resources and room lay out with the team.
• To use observation and reflective practice to contribute to planning and evaluation in the setting.
• To maintain children’s safety and wellbeing at all times during attendance at the setting and on trips.
• To take any action required to ensure the safety and welfare of children and to report any concern immediately to the Manager.
• To ensure good communication between staff and parent’s/carers.
• To work as a positive role model and member of the staff team.
• To attend staff meetings, supervision and appraisals and relevant identified training.
• To work within policies and procedures at all times and support staff to adhere to them.
• To keep records as required.
• To contribute to any quality assurance programmes.
• To maintain positive working relationships with relevant external professionals.
• To support and develop an environment which is inclusive for all and recognises and encourages diversity.
• To represent the setting professionally at all times, maintaining the settings integrity and being open to both giving and receiving feedback.
• To undertake any other duties as reasonably directed by the Manager or management committee.
Person Specification – Early Years Practitioner
Training & Qualifications
A recognised level 2/3 childcare qualification.
Flexibility to undertake essential training.
A Paediatric First Aid certificate.
Experience of working with children aged under 5.
Experience of providing play and learning opportunities for children.
Experience of supporting children with additional needs.
Experience of liaising with parent’s / carers and involving in their child’s care.
Knowledge & Abilities
Ability to implement policies and procedures.
Sufficient understanding and use of English.
Ability to work as a team member but also manage and organise own workload.
Ability to plan, provide and evaluate a wide range of play and learning opportunities which meet children’s individual needs.
Ability to complete basic administrative tasks.
Ability to be a reflective practitioner in order to develop your and others practice.
Ability to communicate effectively with all children, staff and families.
Ability to support and develop an environment which is inclusive for all and encourages diversity.
Knowledge of Ofsted requirements and the EYFS.
Art / craft / games / sport skills.
Ability to stay calm under pressure.