123 Kids Play is well-established 40+ place club for 4 – 11 year olds run from West Town Lane Academy School.
We are looking for a person to manage the day to day running of the Breakfast and After-school clubs whilst providing high quality activities for children.
Hours of work: Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri 7.30 am to 9.30am, 3.00pm-6.00pm during Term Time plus additional holiday clubs throughout the year.
Pay: WTLA Grade 7
Start date : As soon as possible. All posts are subject to a DBS check and references.
To apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and an application form.
Closing date: Midday on Friday 19th January.
Play workers will also be required to work within the school holidays and INSET days, organising activities for children throughout the whole day. This job description sets out the main duties and does not describe in detail all tasks required to carry them out.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
1. Experience of managing adults and leading staff teams
2. Minimum Level 3 in childcare or equivalent
3. Good standard of Literacy and Numeracy
4. A minimum of 2 years experience of working within a childcare or education setting.
5. Understanding of Child Protection systems and requirements.
6. Commitment to working within an equal opportunities framework.
7. Ability to provide warm and consistent care to all children attending the scheme.
8. Ability to understand and meet children’s needs including those of children with special needs.
9. Understanding of health and safety issues that affect the day to day running of childcare services.
10. Good communication skills, working with colleagues and parents/ carers.11. Good physical and emotional health, and the ability to work on own initiative.