The Golden Hill Community Garden CIC, Bishopston, Sunday Club at the community garden.
2 X Play workers at the Community Garden’s new Sunday Adventure Club for families with a children with SEND.
Description of Job role:
You’ll be working at the new Sunday Adventure Club 13:30-15:30 one Sunday a month at the Golden Hill Community Garden. You’ll help provide a caring, secure and fun environment through individual attention and group activities, and organise an appropriate range of indoor and outdoor activities for children with special educational needs or a disability and their siblings between the ages of approx. 4-12. Parents/carers will be attendance.
o Activity Planning
o Direct Playwork.
o Set up and tidying
Responsible to: Community Project Worker
Hours of Work: One Sunday a month 1-5pm
Pay:£11.25 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To lead and supervise safe, creative and appropriate play opportunities for a range of age groups in a garden setting
2. To communicate with parents/carers to ensure activities meet their childrens’ needs
Supervision and care of children-
1. Ensure that activities are carried out in a safe and responsible manner
1. To help deliver a wide range of creative and enjoyable activities
2. To help with the planning of a wide range of creative and enjoyable activities,
3. To fully support inclusive practice, and ensure that all children can be involved in the activities offered if they wish
1. To assist with the preparation and maintenance of materials, equipment;
2. To ensure confidentially of information received
3. To work on a freelance basis
Qualifications and experience required:
1. Love of the outdoors!
2. Experience of working in an outdoor setting with children (paid or voluntary)
3. Experience of working with children with additional needs (paid or voluntary)
4. Experience of running activities and games with children aged 4-12
5. Up to date DBS and Child protection training
6. Ability to motivate and engage children in practical play activities
1. Level 2 or 3 Forest School or Play work
2. Knowledge of gardening and growing vegetables
3. Up to date Paediatric First Aid Certificate
4. Music and singing ability or enthusiasm
5. Knowledge of alternative communication tools such as PECS and Makaton
6. Experience of working with volunteers
Contract: 9 months contract – potentially ongoing dependent on funding
Response and application instructions: Please apply with a CV and a cover letter referring to the person specification
Applications in by 12:00 3rd March. Interviews 10th March. Unsuccessful applicants will be informed.
Contact Lucy Mitchell with any questions on 07506 905 394 or email@example.com, see our website for more details of the garden or come visit us any Wednesday between 10-4