Time2Share is a registered charity working to support families caring for a disabled child or young person. Our aim is to offer disabled young people more choice, independence and confidence to pursue their own interests within their local community.
We are currently recruiting for a part-time co-ordinator to work as a job share with our Groups & Activities Co-ordinators. Together you will manage and grow our successful groups and activities programme. You will be based at our office in Easton, Bristol and will be responsible for running and
taking part in our Group Activities in Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset. Remote working is available.
GROUPS & ACTIVITIES CO-ORDINATOR 16 HOURS PER WEEK SALARY SCALE: 22 (£20,253 PRO RATA)
If you are committed to improving opportunities for disabled children and young people and have an enthusiastic and positive approach we would like to hear from you. You will need to show that you have the following:
• Ability to programme and deliver an exciting menu of activities for disabled children and
young people aged 13 – 21
• Able to recruit, support & manage a small team of session workers / volunteers
• A commitment to the development of life skills and deliver of positive experiences for
disabled children and young people
• Knowledge of and commitment to good practice in the area of safeguarding
• Ability to work as part of a small, highly committed team
• Excellent communication skills
• Good admin / IT skills
• Your own transport and a current driving license
• Availability to work some unsocial hour (specifically one weekend per month minimum).
• Knowledge of the Bath area and ideas for how we can best support families in this area
In addition, we are also recruiting for session workers to commit to 2-4 sessions a month running group activities for children and young people who attend our groups.
For further information / an application pack please email email@example.com or phone 0117 941 5868. CVs will not be accepted.
Deadline for applications: 9.00am Monday 20 February 2017
Interviews: Friday 24 February 2017
Please note the role entails a degree of physical fitness for example, running activities for young people, visiting family homes and carrying marketing and promotional materials.
Time2Share is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of disabled children and young people and expects it staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All roles will be subject to our safer recruitment process including undertaking of references and an enhanced DBS check.