Archfield House Nursery, Cotham, Bristol, BS6 6BE
This is a great opportunity to work for an established Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ family run Nursery business based in the heart of Bristol. Archfield House Nursery is looking for an HR & Office administrator to join their family and provide the much needed organisational skills needed to help their thriving business. This key position would suit someone who is energetic, experienced and who wants to be part of a dedicated, loyal team.
The role is working alongside the current finance & administration team as well as working closely with nursery managers & room leaders. Key accountabilities include:
• To be the first point of contact for staff and parent administrative queries or correspondence including organising visits for prospective parents/guardians.
• To complete the paperwork for the registration of new children including maintaining and updating children’s contact cards to ensure the information is complete & up to date.
• To help prepare for Ofsted Inspections regarding HR & administrative issues where relevant, including the monitoring of children’s absences on an ongoing basis as Ofsted require.
• To liaise with the Nursery Director and work collaboratively with the Finance Manager/Administrator and Nursery staff where appropriate.
• General office administration including photocopying and filing, issuing letters, notices and room information where relevant.
• To assist the Nursery Manager with marketing the business to both staff and parents via social media and the company website.
• First point of contact for staff for HR queries and HR policy/process information
• To be responsible for the Recruitment & Selection administration at both nursery settings, including pre-employment checks in particular DBS Disclosures, Right to Work, References, Medical & ID checks and issue contracts of employment and job packs under the supervision of Nursery Head/Managers.
• Continuously improve HR & admin processes and procedures to ensure they are efficient and fit for purpose including the use of Nursery specific software.
• Maintaining records of staff sickness, holidays, time in lieu and liaising with the Nursery Director regarding payroll changes.
• Organise new staff induction by collaborating with Nursery managers/H&S co-ordinator and deliver the general HR induction.
• Manage the training & development administration for staff including keeping staff training records up-to-date.
• Assist with ensuring the nurseries are GDPR compliant and maintain data protection administration.
• Liaise with agency staff to ensure suitable cover can be found where applicable.
• Liaise with external groups such as local colleges regarding apprenticeships and placements.
• Liaise with appointed external HR consultants for support when required.
The more diversity we have in our team, the more unique perspectives and bright ideas we share. Everyone deserves the best opportunities, care and learning experiences, regardless of their race, gender identity, religion, physical abilities, age or sexual orientation. We embrace employees and candidates from these underrepresented groups to help make this vision a reality.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience of HR & office administration. They will be able to demonstrate an ability to prioritise workloads, work under minimal supervision and have sound decision making skills. Of course it goes without saying that they must possess brilliant administrative and organisational skills together with excellent IT skills including MS Office, Excel, Word and working with websites/social media.
The administrator will have a clear understanding of the needs for complete confidentiality and act with discretion at all times. They will be presentable and have an excellent telephone manner coupled with good communication & interpersonal skills and the ability to be tactful and diplomatic
Hours to be agreed – part or full time.
£25,000-£30,000 pro rata to hours.
Send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
0117 942 2120
Instagram – @archfieldhousenursery
Post expires at 10:29am on Tuesday March 26th, 2024