Clifton College Holiday Club are looking for individuals with a keen interest in sport/drama/arts & crafts activities to assist in delivering our Summer programme.
You should be well organised and able to work in a large, fast-paced and often challenging Holiday Club environment. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to work well as part of a team, calmly, with energy and a sense of humour.
Deliver a high quality, balanced, lively and imaginative daily programme of play opportunities appropriate for the age of the children present and which has a wide variety of inclusive activities catering for all abilities and interests.
● Safely supervise children and ensure they are happily engaged in activities.
● Provide suitable play areas, materials and equipment and liaise with senior staff regarding use of facilities for activities.
●Tidying and re-structuring play spaces as necessary.
● Ensure the programme is delivered according to the standards as laid out in the staff manual and to adhere to all policies and procedures.
● Communicate effectively with children and staff colleagues, ensuring that everyone is clear about expectations, the manner in which the setting operates and the content of each daily programme.
● To deal with all confidential matters with discretion.
● Encourage fair, caring behaviour, independence and self-esteem amongst children.
● Deal appropriately and consistently with discipline/any problem behaviours and report issues to senior staff as appropriate.
● Be sufficiently flexible to deal with unexpected situations.
● Actively promote learning through Play.
● Participate in meetings with the other members of the team as and when required to ensure the smooth running of all aspects of Holiday Club.
● There may be the opportunity to work in the Residential Courses, facilitating play opportunities and organising varied activities to children who reside in the boarding houses during their visit in the holidays. This could also include night marshalling.
● Any other reasonable or appropriate duties commensurate with the post.
Download the Job Description:🔗:JD – Holiday Club Playworker
Candidates should have:
● Ability to engage with children in a fun, enjoyable and appropriate manner
● Ability to work efficiently as part of a vibrant team
● Good communication and interpersonal skills
●A responsible and caring attitude combined with a calm, patient and tolerant manner
● Completed or working towards a child-related qualification or sports coaching award
● Experience of delivering activities or possessing skills within sports, drama or arts & crafts
● Customer service experience
Hours, Contract & Salary:
● Shifts are either 8:00am-5:30pm or 8:30 am-6:00pm Monday to Friday
● Fixed-term 1st July 2024 – 4th September 2024
● £10.95 per hour (increase in April)
There will also be the opportunity to move to a casual contract at the end of the fixed-term to enable successful candidates to work in future holidays.
Download the Application Form :🔗Application-Form-3
To apply, please complete the application form found on this page and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st March 2024.
Download the Equal Opportunities Form 🔗 :Equal-Opportunities-Monitoring-form-DOC2A
We are committed to creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that better reflects the community we are part of. Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability. We particularly encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
Clifton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Post expires at 3:38pm on Saturday March 2nd, 2024