Totterdown Children’s Community Workshop
Based at: The Church of the Holy Nativity, Wells Road, Bristol, BS4 2AG
Registered Charity No: 278840
Part Time Play Leader
The Totterdown Children’s Community Workshop (TCCW) is a charity that has provided a fun and nurturing place for children aged 4-11 to spend time after school and during the holidays. Our after-school club is a space for children to play or unwind after their day. During the holiday club, children have a great time with their friends, enjoying lots of activities and games. For more than 40 years we have been funded by parent/carer fees and we are overseen by a committed Management Committee made up of volunteer parents.
We are looking for a Play Leader who will bring energy and positivity to create a great environment for the children and the Play Team at the Workshop. The right candidate will have plenty of activity ideas for the children; will create an excellent and collaborative team; will ensure the right policies are in place; and will promote the Workshop to parents and the local community.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
- Salary: Dependant on qualifications/experience
- 29 days annual leave per year inclusive of Bank Holidays
- We are keen to support all staff in training and their own professional development
- Appointable candidates who are not successful may be considered for other roles at the Workshop
Abilities and Aptitudes
- The ability to manage a setting, your own workload and that of a small team Enthusiasm for supporting and supervising staff, and communicating effectively with families.
- Aptitude for organisation and evaluation of a wide range of play opportunities
- The ability to use reflective practice to develop yourself, the staff and the setting
Knowledge and Experience.
- Level 3 or above qualification in play, childcare or similar.
- At least two years’ relevant experience working with 4-11 year olds.
- Experience of providing play opportunities in a play, education or equivalent setting.
- A demonstrable understanding of safeguarding, Ofsted requirements, EYFS and relevant frameworks (e.g. The
Seeking: 20 hours p/w during term time and 21 hours p/w during school holidays
(inclusive of time for admin duties)
Term time hours – Monday to Thursday 2:30 – 6:30pm, plus 4 hours admin time per week
School holiday hours – 6 hours a day Tuesday to Thursday between 8am and 6:30pm, plus 3 hours admin time per week
Email: email@example.com for further details
Closing date: 30th November 2023
Start date: ASAP
TCCW is committed to safeguarding and all positions are subject to successful DBS checks and suitable references being received.