Nursery and Pre School, Eastville
Description of role:
We are looking for a new chair to lead the work of the Board and continue the hard work, plans and ambitions of the Trustees and Management Team. Our current Chair has done a fantastic job of leading our Board of Trustees for many years but is now looking to hand over the role at the end of this academic year.
The Chair will hold the Board and Management Team to account for the organisations mission and vision, providing inclusive leadership to the Board of Trustees, ensuring that each trustee fulfils their duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of the charity.
The Chair will also support, and, where appropriate, challenge the Management Team and ensure that the Board functions as a unit.
You will act as an ambassador for the Playhouse, including developing and maintaining strong relationships with key funders and community leaders/groups.
The role of the new Chair will be critically important to enable us to deliver its goals to:
• Support projects that help strengthen our links with the community we serve.
• Assist with delivering our fundraising strategy.
• Strategic leadership.
• Relationship with Board of Trustees.
• Relationship with the Management team.
• Chair monthly Board Meetings and attend additional meetings as required.
• Conduct periodic supervisions meetings with a member of the management team.
• Production of Annual Trustees report to accompany Annual accounts.
As Chair of the Board, you will show a visible commitment to the organisation, have a passion for early years education and childcare and have a strong sense of community.
You will ideally have:
• Experience of childcare settings or an awareness of early years, either directly through personal or wider experience.
• Experience of external relationship-building and working as part of a small dedicated team.
• Experience of attending or chairing meetings and events.
• Awareness or experience of Child Protection and Safeguarding (training will be given).
• Experience of working in a senior or leadership role either paid or voluntarily.
• A willingness to commit the time to conduct the role well, attending occasional events.
• A passion to help deliver outstanding early years education in an area of deprivation.
Experience of working for a voluntary organisation would be desirable but not essential.
Part time – voluntary – varying number of hours depending on demand of the board, projects etc.
Monthly Trustee meetings and AGM (13 meetings a year) plus support for ad-hoc event such as summer fairs, Christmas events etc. Meetings are currently being conducted via Zoom.
Ongoing from June 2021.
Reasonable expenses covered as needed.
You can download an application from our website Volunteers and Vacancies – Bristol Children’s Playhouse (bcph.org.uk)
Completed application forms should be emailed to our Business Manager email@example.com
Interviews will be conducted upon receipt of suitable applications, as there is no formal closing date for this role.
However, our current Chair wishes to step down by the end of this academic year, so we hope to have recruited a replacement by June 2021, to allow for a handover. All interviews will be conducted via Zoom to adhere to the current Government restrictions in place.