Year-round Nursery and Children’s Centre, Easton/Lawrence Hill.
We are passionate about high quality Early Years provision. We pride ourselves on having a great, varied learning environment coupled with exciting adult-led opportunities to learn and meet children’s development needs. Both roles offer excellent conditions, freshly cooked meals and snacks, ongoing training, non-contact time, generous leave, a financial bonus scheme and enhanced pension contributions in a vibrant, culturally diverse setting. Please feel free to contact the Centre if you have any questions about this vacancy.
We’re looking for energetic and passionate Early Years Practitioners. We pride ourselves in a calm learning environment with a large outdoor space and community allotment. You will be required to provide and maintain an emotionally secure, safe, consistent, supportive and caring environment, appropriate to the needs of individual children and their families. You will take on a key group of children, observing and planning to meet their individual needs and building a positive relationship with their families. You will need to build links with the local community and promote our cultural calendar to allow our children to feel valued, connected and represented.
As our Centre is growing, we are looking for qualified Early Years Practitioners to join our friendly and experienced 2-Year-Old and baby rooms. Our 2-Year-Old room has up to 24 children with seven members of staff, including two experienced Room Leaders. The room has fish for the children to help care for and a number of vegetables and flowers to tend to. The side room couples as a calm space for small group activities and stories as well as a relaxing space to sleep. During mealtimes we enjoy discussions around the food and foster independence.
The baby room has up to 12 children with five members of staff, including one experienced Room Leader. The room has plenty of space for a variety of resources and activities, has a large outdoor space and a comfortable calm sleep room. During mealtimes we advocate baby-led weaning and support the children to feed themselves.
• To show professional conduct and contribute to a positive working environment. Being reliable, consistent and self-motivated with excellent attendance and time-keeping.
• Show a commitment to working with children including the ability to foster warm respectful relationships.
• To be upbeat, enthusiastic and creative.
• Ability to assess children’s development, linked to the EYFS, and plan to meet their individual needs.
• To communicate appropriately with children, parents and colleagues.
• Ability to work in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way and to communicate positive messages and attitudes about diversity.
• To have a flexible, co-operative can-do approach and to be willing to accept direction and instruction. With the ability to stay calm under pressure and work with interruptions in a busy environment.
• Understanding of and commitment to Safeguarding & Child Protection.
• Excellent spoken and written English.
Recognised Level 3 Childcare qualification and some practical Early Years experience.
39hrs – with varying shifts
£19,476 – £21,024
ECCC provide a friendly and diverse working environment, bonus pay, enhanced pension contributions, free staff food and a generous annual leave allowance.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form or more information.