1:1 Support Playworker
Shine Wraparound Care Ltd. Breakfast Club, After School Clubs and Holiday Clubs.
We are now looking for enthusiastic persons who can work in one of our After School Clubs to assist with the 1:1 support, promoting the enjoyment, learning and personal development of the child enabling him/her to best participate and integrate into the activities which the child is booked into.
The successful candidate will:
- Aid the child to develop in and enjoy activities as effectively as possible both in group situations and on his/her own.
- Clarify and explain instructions in a form of communication that the child understands.
- Provide as much accessibility as possible for the child to use equipment and materials provided.
- Motivate and encourage the child by providing appropriate levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with tasks or instructions within the activity as appropriate to the child’s needs.
- Promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupil with SEN by staff and other children. Assisting and encouraging other members of staff in their communication with the child in order to integrate the child into the activity.
- Encourage the child’s integration into the activity in their play and co-operation with other children, providing appropriate levels of support, guidance, and distance where necessary.
- Consistently and effectively implement agreed behaviour management.
- Help to identify and implement appropriate resources to support the child.
- Establish supportive relationships with the child, other staff, and other children.
- When working with a group of pupils, understand and use group dynamics to promote group effectiveness and to support group and individual performance.
- Be aware of confidential issues linked to home/pupil/teacher/school
Should be caring, nurturing enthusiastic individual, good at communicating and encouraging, sensitive to the requirements of the child
Previous experience of working on a 1:1 basis is ideal but not essential, as is experience of previously working with children
Contract, Hours & Pay:
- Upwards of 2 hours per week
- £10 per hour