Part Time Play Leader
Totterdown Children’s Community Workshop Based at: The Church of the Holy Nativity, Wells Road, Bristol, BS4 2AG Registered Charity No: 278840
Totterdown Children’s Community Workshop (TCCW) is a charitable organisation that has been providing after school care and holiday club facilities for 4-11 year olds in Totterdown for over 30 years. We are funded by parent/carer fees and we are overseen by a committed Management Committee made up of volunteer parents. Ofsted rate us: OUTSTANDING!
We are looking for a committed and passionate individual to take charge of our small and friendly team, creating fun and exciting play experience for children.
Dates for Annual Leave will be negotiable, at least 4 clear weeks per year. We are keen to support all staff in training and their own professional development
Abilities and Aptitudes:
- The ability to manage a setting, your own workload and that of a small team. Enthusiasm for supporting and supervising staff, and communicating effectively with families.
- Aptitude for organisation and evaluation of a wide range of play opportunities
- The ability to use reflective practice to develop yourself, the staff and the setting.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Level 3 or above qualification in play, childcare or similar
- At least two years’ relevant experience working with 4-11 year olds
- Experience of providing play opportunities in a play, education or equivalent setting
- A demonstrable understanding of safeguarding, Ofsted requirements, EYFS and relevant frameworks (e.g. The Bristol Standard)
Seeking: 20 hours p/w during term time and 20 hours p/w during school holidays
After School Club currently runs Monday to Thursday 2:30 – 6:30pm
Holiday Club currently runs Monday or Tuesday to Thursday 8am – 6:30pm
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details
Start date: ASAP
TCCW is committed to safeguarding and all positions are subject to
successful DBS checks and suitable references being received.