Job Purpose: To lead the play workers at the setting, to enable children to engage in a range of play opportunities, to participate in the day-to-day running of the scheme and to deputise for the Play Leader and cover in their absence.
Responsible to: The Play Leader and Manager
Job Details: Monday – Thursday, 2.55pm to 6:10pm, Term time only, initially starting on £12 per hour.
We are looking for a Deputy Play Leader for our after-school club based at a setting in St Anne’s Infants School, Brislington. Please note we are independent from the school itself so any communication should be directed to Munchkins After School club, and not the school itself.
Start date: March 2023 or as soon as possible.
- To work closely with the Play Leader and support them in the day-to-day running of the setting, taking overall responsibility in their absence.
- To support the Play Leader to develop and encourage good team working.
- To enable children to engage in a range of play opportunities allowing for safe risks and challenges.
- Show initiative, self-motivation and be active in children’s play experiences.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with children, families and other team members.
- To maintain children’s safety and wellbeing at all times during attendance at the play setting and on trips.
- To take any action required to ensure the safety and welfare of children and to report any concern immediately to the Playleader
- To assist the Playleader with ensuring that the play environment, including equipment and resources, is prepared and ready for the arrival of children.
- To support individual children and assess their development through play.
- To use observation and reflective practice to contribute to planning and evaluation in the setting.
- To support and develop a play environment which is inclusive for all and recognises and encourages diversity.
- To keep records as required, e.g. accident/incident/existing forms, peer observations and observations, etc.
- To work within agreed policies and procedures at all times.
- To attend relevant meetings and identified training.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably directed by the Playleader or Management.
Download the person specification:
The post is subject to receiving both satisfactory references and passing an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications is as soon as possible
Interview will be conducted regularly as applications come in.
Contact details: email@example.com or 07384 362 086
Download the application form:
🔗 Munchkins Application Form and Guidance – Updated June 2022