Their charitable giving is split into the following areas:
- Green token giving – Asda Foundation is currently not accepting nominations for Green Token Giving votes in 2023. We will share updates in due course if this changes. Green Token Giving is designed to support small, local grassroots organisations, supporting local people in the community around Asda stores, we do not support large national charities.
- Cost of Living Grant – Costing of Living is an Asda Foundation grant for local groups aimed at supporting increasing running costs group will face between September 2022 and February 2023. We know the rising cost of living is having a big impact on communities and this impact is going to increase. This grant is open to groups helping to address this issue. The application window is 19th September – February and will close as soon as the budget cap is reached. Read the guidance hereand if your group and project meet the criteria, talk to your local Asda Community Champion about applying.
- Empowering Local Communities Grant – Empowering Local Communities is an Asda Foundation grant for local groups aimed at supporting a broad range of activities which contribute towards transforming communities and improving lives. Groups supporting refugees arriving to the UK are also welcomed to apply under this grant. We are currently not accepting applications for this grant.
- U18 Better Starts Grant – U18 Better Starts is an Asda Foundation grant for local groups aimed at supporting a broad range of activities for children under the age of 18 which contribute towards transforming communities and improving children’s lives. We are currently not accepting applications for this grant.
- Match Funding – We encourage all colleagues to fundraise for charities of their choice. From bake sales to marathons, raffles to sponsored head shaves; our colleagues are involved in a range of charitable activities. Colleagues can claim up to £300.00 per year to match funds they raise for charities and good causes which meet the scheme’s eligibility criteria.
- Emergency – responding to emergencies from floods to fires.
- Partnerships – The Asda Foundation work with other charitable organisations to further support transforming communities and improve lives.
For more detailed information on these schemes please visit: https://www.asdafoundation.org/foundation-grants