The National Lottery Fund is constantly changing so please check the website for more information before applying for a grant. Current grant streams as of July 2023 are:
- Awards for All –AWA is a UK wide lottery Big Lottery Fund grant scheme for local communities. There are different schemes in each of the four countries. Awards for All England makes grants of between £300 and £10,000 to organisations wanting to run projects that aim to help improve local communities and the lives of people most in need. They want to fund projects that meet one or more of the following outcomes: People have better chances in life– with better access to training and development to improve their life skills; Stronger communities– with more active citizens working together to tackle their problems; Improved rural and urban environments– which communities are better able to access and enjoy; Healthier and more active people and communities.
- Reaching Communities – Grants: £10,000 – £500,000. Offers a larger amount of funding (over £10,000) for projects that last up to five years. They are seeking projects that work with their community – whether that’s a community living in the same area, or people with similar interests or life experiences. No closing date supplied.
- Partnerships – Offers a larger amount of funding (over £10,000) for organisations that work together with a shared set of goals to help their community thrive – whether that’s a community living in the same area, or people with similar interests or life experiences.
- Climate Action Fund –This fund aims to help communities across the UK to address climate change. They are looking for projects that focus on the link between nature and climate and want to fund projects that use nature to encourage more community-led climate action. Closes December 2023.
- Community Organisations Costs of Living Fund – funding to support people and communities under severe pressure because of the increased cost of living. Deadline October 2023.
How to apply: For more information on any of these schemes please visit https://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/funding/programmes or call the Big Lottery helpline on 0845 410 20 30.
Tags: Charity, Charity funding, Community Projects, Disadvantaged, Education, enablement, environment, funding, grants, Health, local community